We are looking for a fabulous Front House Manager to lead our Front of House team and make sure that all front of house areas run without a hitch and look spick and span at all times.
£22,000 per annum
Deadline for applications: 15th September
Interviews will take place from 21st September
The Front of House team will be the heart of the cinema and the Front of House Manager is required to lead this team. Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will support the GM in all aspects of the cinema operation and take responsibility for the overall appearance of the café-bar area and the auditorium.
This role will commence before the cinema opens its doors to the public, helping the General Manager and the Executive team preparing for the grand opening.
- To ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the cinema ensuring that the Front of House team always deliver exceptional customer service
- Be a key holder for the venue: opening and closing across a variety of shift patterns over the week and ensuring that correct financial and security procedures are adhered to
- Provide a welcoming environment and always look for opportunities to improve the customer experience
- Have a thorough knowledge of all products including film, food & beverage and membership. Oversee all sales and always look for opportunities to up-sell
- Lead and motivate the team, provide training, coaching and feedback to develop individual staff members
- Create a positive and inclusive working environment where staff members gel as a team at all times and take pride in what they do
- Ensure high standards of food safety, security and health and safety are always maintained throughout the venue
- Point of contact for all customer queries
- First line of technical support and operating technical equipment (training will be given)
- Stock management including overseeing all product deliveries
- Ensure the smooth running of all private hires and events, ensuring that the clients needs are met
- Undertake training to ensure that you can meet all the roles’ objectives as required
- Experience in a similar customer facing role in the hospitality, arts or leisure sector. You don’t have to have worked in a cinema before, but a genuine love of film is a must!
- The ability to prioritise and multitask, to be adaptable and remain calm under pressure. A cinema environment can be exceptionally busy at certain times; no two days are ever the same and the ability to think on your feet is essential
- A natural leader, and the ability to delegate effectively and motivate others
- Have an understanding of budgets and business targets, and how to hit these
- Demonstrate professional demeanour, a dedicated work ethic, self-motivation, show initiative & attention-to-detail
- A sense of pride working for a company that will be the beating heart of the local community. Passion for the local area and an understanding of its demographics
- Technology literate
- You will need to be a personal licence holder and be DBS checked (preferred but not essential when applying for the role as training can be provided)
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day period
Why Work for The Living Room Cinema?
Put simply, we will strive to be the best employer in the area. We want to be known for providing a rewarding and stimulating working environment, showing flexibility and understanding towards our employees.
As well as a competitive salary and a generous employer pension scheme, you can enjoy a range of other perks such as cinema tickets, a generous holiday allowance and other employee benefits, partnership offers and welfare packages.
Most of all though, we strongly believe that you should love what you do. We will make sure that it is always a pleasure to come to work and, like us, you will be proud to work for The Living Room Cinema.
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining why you would be good for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org