Part-time – up to 20 hours per week
£30,000 Full Time Equivalent + sales-based commission
Deadline for applications: Friday 8th October
Interviews will take place from Monday 11th October.
We are looking for an experienced marketing executive to join our team as we prepare for the opening of our cinema and then to take care of marketing and sales opportunities once we are operational. This is very much a hands-on/on the ground role rather than a strategic one, and you will be able to get involved in many aspects of the business as we grow. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape something from the ground up, within a growing team.
The successful candidate will need to be able to work independently, plan effectively, set their own deadlines and prioritise their own workload. They will need to embody the company’s brand values and always represent the company in the best possible light.
This is initially a part-time position, and the hours will increase the closer the cinema is to the opening date. There will be a degree of flexibility over the location of the role which will be based partly in cinema, partly off-site meeting partners and attending events, and remote working is also possible. All applicants should be prepared to work some evenings and weekends as required.
- Forming relationships with local partners and businesses to explore joint promotional opportunities
- Establishing links with local press and media and supply them with regular press releases and editorial content
- Promoting and actively selling the venue as an events space and assisting the management team in the delivery of private events
- Communicating with our fabulous members about upcoming screenings and partner offers
- Writing copy for our newsletter and articles for the news section on our website
- Managing our social media accounts
- Overseeing print-based marketing in-venue
- Representing the company at local events
- Assisting in the planning of our launch strategy to include press nights, shareholder events and the grand opening party
- Experience in a similar local-based marketing role covering both B2B and B2C activity
- Knowledge of the local area, population, and businesses. A real passion for integrating the cinema into the heart of the community
- A creative thinker and writer who likes to take the initiative to come up with interesting concepts
- Naturally personable and an ambassador for the venue
- Familiar with WordPress and basic social media analytics tools
- Efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise and manage your own workload
- Not afraid to get “stuck in” with other areas of the business, including customer service-based tasks
- Passionate about cinema, films and events
Why Work for The Living Room Cinema?
Put simply, we will strive to be the best employer in the area. We want to be known for providing a rewarding and stimulating working environment, showing flexibility and understanding towards our employees.
As well as a competitive salary and a generous employer pension scheme, you can enjoy a range of other perks such as cinema tickets, a generous holiday allowance and other employee benefits, partnership offers and welfare packages.
Most of all though, we strongly believe that you should love what you do. We will make sure that it is always a pleasure to come to work and, like us, you will be proud to work for The Living Room Cinema.
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining why you would be good for the role to email@example.com